CONTAX Open Positions:.
SAP Systems Administrator
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: 12/5/2020
Reference #: 127
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the planning, designing, architecting, and maintenance of SAP systems across a variety of platforms (e.g. Windows/Linux) and databases for CONTAX most important clients. We are looking for individuals who will support our customers in maximizing the value they receive from their SAP solutions.
The successful candidate will be able to rapidly pick up new technologies and adapt to a technically changing environment. While we prefer candidates with a minimum of 1 to 2 years experience in IT administration or a similar field, we will consider new graduates from a related field.
Position Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Experience Required: Entry level, Recent Graduate, 1 to 2 years preferred.
Travel: Travel within the GTA is expected. Travel outside the GTA is expected (10 to 15%)
- Provide overall technical consulting services to our clients
- Assist in solving customers technical issues by providing technical expertise, project planning, guidance and instruction on SAP solutions and business processes.
- Performing daily system checks on customer systems
- Sybase, MSSQL, MaxDB, Oracle and HANA database administration, installation, patching, and upgrade
- Provide first level support to team members
- Documenting procedures and tasks
- Performance tuning SAP systems
- Assist with SAP product implementations, upgrades, patching, migrations, and conversions (e.g. ECC to S/4HANA)
- Work flexible hours as required to provide support outside of regular business hours
- Able to legally work in Canada
- 1-2 years experience in IT Systems Administration or similar is preferred
- Computer Science or Information Technology Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Window and Linux/UNIX server administration
- Understanding of server hardware
- Understanding of networking
- Database administration experience in any of MSSQL, Sybase, HANA, MaxDB, DB2, Oracle, Sybase (would be an asset)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Experienced with Windows based applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exposure or experience with SAP/SAP Basis Administration (would be an asset)
- Experience with a UNIX / LINUX environment
- Experience with virtual servers
- Personality, Behavior and Attitude
CONTAX values energetic, outgoing, highly motivated individuals who take initiative, are strong problem solvers, are team oriented but can work independently, take pride in their work, embrace a diverse cultural work environment, and have very strong communication skills. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
CONTAX is an SAP Gold Partner with nine offices in USA, Canada, Australia and The Netherlands and one of the fastest-growing SAP solutions companies in the world.
We provide challenging and meaningful careers for our team members, where we can learn and grow while working with purpose and meaning. We encourage each other to work hard and together we celebrate our successes.
We strive for excellence in everything we do and, while results matter, we also have to allow others the opportunity to make mistakes, as it's a critical part of the learning process. We are an entrepreneurial environment where everyone is given the opportunity to try, and take calculated risks where appropriate.
We strive to be good global citizens and make a positive impact in the communities in which we live and work.
We believe we have the most talented and dedicated team of SAP professionals in the industry. We're always hiring and always growing; and we'll hire talented people even when an opening doesn't exist. We plan to get bigger, better and stronger; and we're always looking for great people to join us on the journey.
Sorry! This position is closed and we are no longer accepting applications.
Please check back again later.